Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weight Gain

Miss Avery seemed to be doing pretty well today. Her nurse said she stayed at 21% O2 through out the day. Both Pat and I were able to hold her. They did add potassium to the food as a result of taking away the fluids, but other than that nothing major. Her blood sugar was up this am to 116. I was to the normal range is between 50 and 150, however 116 is kind of high so they are going to check it again in the morning.

This evening Miss Avery's weight was at 862 grams up from 846, however after being weighed she was suctioned and had lots and lots of yuck come out. Miss Avery is typically suctioned 4 times a day. This is just to help her remove all the mucus and stuff that builds up since she is not big enough to do it on her own. Term babies need to be suctioned when there noses and stuff gets stopped up. This is basically the same thing, but from what I have been told since they have all these tubes going into their bodies that don't belong they tend to make more yuck that they would normally. So tonight there was a lot of yuck and so I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow she was down a little in the weight. We don't want to get our hopes up that her gain was for real. So we will weight and see what tomorrow holds. Hopefully she won't be back down to 850.

Here are a couple pictures since I haven't posted any in a couple days.

Her new blanket:

Holding her passy:



I have a video of her sucking her passy, however I think the file is to big because I get an error when I try to upload it. Next time she has her passy I'll try again. It's really cute watching her hold it in her mouth.

1 comment:

  1. Girl get your hopes up! You excitement is exactly what she needs! Be proud that she gained weight, keep telling her to think BIG! She is going to be great, God gave her to you to be her biggest cheerleader! Go Avery Go Avery Go Avery!!!! Don't let me her you not being encouraged by even one single good sign! Love you all. Kimi

    ReplyDelete